Header Ads

Free chicken coop plans


All of the rafters are in place and the top gable end boards being put up. Here you can see the 2x 6s and 2x4 on the gable end to connect the posts together on the gable ends. You can also see the lag screws used to put them up with. After reading online a lot of construction codes and specifications for using the lag screws I felt they would be very beneficial in keeping the wood from warping and shifting. The end boards were measured and each one cut using the previous board's angle. That helped make that part go pretty quickly. A 2x4 layed flat and extened covers the cut ends of the end boards and gives a place to set purlins in and screw the metal roof panels to on the end. 
You can also see the door put in. I still needed to add the wire to it, but had the hardware so I put it up. It was made the same way as the panels except since it was on hinges I added corner support braces and a horizontal brace. The bottom also has a horizontal brace due to the slope I needed to add that for stability.
The big branch I added gives them a hangout place. I have seen it completely full! It is screw in and supported at the far end and screwed in at the bottom the close end.
The bottom boards on the inside also are on top of the hardwarecloth. The big branch I added gives them a hangout place. I have seen it completely full! It is screwed in and supported at the far end and screwed in at the bottom the close end.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.